What is MLS?
- MLS stands tor Multi-Wave Locked System. The MLS Therapy Laser treats pain, inflammation and arthritis
- The MLS Laser is a Class IV Laser and uses multiple synchronized diodes.
- It features 2 wavelengths; 808 nanometers and 905 nanometers. The wavelengths are in the infrared spectrum. They are invisible to the eye, but can be seen using a cell phone camera.
- The 808 wavelength is for inflammation, and is long lasting. The 905 wavelength i!; .analgesic and is fast acttrig. Together, they are very effective.
- The MLS wavelengths combine and synchronize the 808nm and 905nm in a unique .and proprietary way. The MLS wave form is patented.
- There are over 3,000 studies performed In the last three decades that validate the efficiency of laser therapy.
- Laser therapy was cleared by the FDA in 2002 and is currently being used by a variety of medical specialties, as well as professional sports teams, including the Dallas Cowboys and Cleveland Cavaliers.
- The laser can penetrate 3-5 cm deep and generates no heat. There are no known harmful effects.
How Do Lasers Work?
- Laser energy stimulates cells to remove toxins, like histamine and cytokine, out of cells.
- They allow oxygen and food loads into the cell.
- They block the pain signals to the nociceptors in the brain, and release endorphins and encephalin.
- Laser light increases ATP production and cell growth. It brings blood flow to the area and increases angiogenesis of capillaries.
- MLS Laser Therapy can actually increase healing time by 30-40%.
- In fractures, it will increase osteoblast production within the first 10 days only.
- In a nutshell, the MLS Laser stimulates the mitochondria in cells to jump start the body’s own healing process.
- Like an antibiotic, each treatment is cumulative in its effectiveness, building off the previous treatments.
- Acute patients will need 6 treatments every other day tor 2 weeks. Chronic patients will need o treatments every other day for 3 weeks.
- Acute patients may experience relief before they leave the office; the maximum be1rreflt will be experienced in 5-7 hours post treatment
- For chronic patients, it is important to let the patient know It may take up to 4 treatments before they feel any difference.
- For arthritic patients, 10 treatments to begin are needed, then a treatment once a month or every other month to maintain their level of comfort.
- Sprains and strains only require 2 or 3 treatments and they can be delivered 24 hours apart.
- Laser treatments take less than 10 minutes each and the patient feels nothing during treatment.
- While laser therapy is among the most advanced technology in all of medicine, it is too new to be covered by insurance. The good thing is that It Is non-invasive, an alternative to addictive pain medications, as well as an alternative to surgery in some cases. It works well in 9 out of 10 patients and the doctor feels it could benefit you. If you truly want to get out of pain and regain your active life, I would suggest we follow the doctor's recommendation and sign up for the treatments.
1.) Anti-Inflammation: Laser therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes vasodilatalion, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system (drains swollen areas). As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
2.) Anti-Pain (Analgesic): Laser therapy has a high beneficial effect on nerve cells which blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain and which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to less inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking mechanism involves the producing of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and encephalin from the brain and adrenal gland.
3.) Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser tight, the cells of tendons, ligaments and muscles are repaired faster.
4.) Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation~ new capillaries in damaged tissue that speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly, and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilatation, an increase in the diameter of blood vessels.
5.) Increases Metabolic Activity: Laser therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
6.) Trigger points and Acupuncture Points: Laser therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a non-invasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
7.) Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: Laser therapy reduces the formation of scare tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, bums or surgery.
8.) Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speed up the process of nerve cell reconnection and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle action.
9.) Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on Immunity status by stimulation of immunoglobines and lymphocytes. Laser therapy is absorbed by chromospheres (molecule enzymes) that react Ito laser light. The enzyme flavomono-nucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosine-triphosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
10.) Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development (fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is predominant in wound healing) in damaged tissue. Collagen is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, laser therapy is effective on open wounds and bums.
The wave of the future in pain management
MLS® Laser Therapy Manage pain.
What is Laser Therapy?
Laser Therapy is the use of specific wavelengths of light to treat painful and debilitating conditions.
How does it work?
Light energy enters the damaged cells and stimulates inter-cellular activity. This reduces pain in the area and speeds recovery of the damaged cells. Once the cells recover, the healing process is complete.
What can I expect during a treatment?
MLS Laser Therapy is a painless treatment that lasts an average of 8 minutes. You may experience a comfortable sensation at the point of application.
What can I expect after the treatment?
Most people experience positive results in 1 to 3 treatments, with the average course of treatment being 7 to 10 sessions. Swelling is greatly reduced and there is a rapid relief of pain. Acute conditions usually subside quickly, typically within one phase of treatments, while chronic conditions can be controlled with regular treatments.
The effects of MLS Laser Therapy are cumulative; therefore, expect to see improvement as you proceed through your treatment plan. It is critical that once you start, you complete the course of treatments recommended by your doctor or symptoms are likely to reoccur.
MLS Laser Therapy effectively treats:
- Tendon & ligament injuries
- Sore muscles, muscle strains & tears
- Degenerative joint conditions
- Neurological & general pain & bruising
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Pre & post-surgical treatment
- Anti-inflammation applications
- Specific neurological conditions
Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
- Rapid relief of pain
- Strong anti-inflammatory effect
- Timely healing of sprains & strains
- Rapid recovery of the structural integrity of injured region
- Rapid resolution of swollen areas
- Immediate improvement of local blood circulation
- Rapid repair of superficial injuries, such as wounds and ulcers
When a physical condition or injury affects mobility or quality of life, there is one goal: A rapid return to every day activities. We are proud to be on the medical technological forefront by offering MLS Laser Therapy. We have invested in the very best technology as a key component of our continuing quest to offer you the finest in health care.
MLS Laser therapy has been cleared by the FDA and proven successful as evidenced by extensive and credible studies conducted in our country's finest institutions including Harvard University.
Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
No Negative Side Effects • Rapid Results
Speeds Healing Process
MLS Laser Therapy Treats
Arthritis & Bursitis Pain
Sports Injuries • Sprains & Strains
Repetitive Motion Injuries
Heel Pain • Tendonitis